I have a friend with whom I generally talk about food and whenever we are not talking about food still we end up talking about food😬.The other day while I was talking with this friend of mine,I realized, There are number of dishes that I have made myself before tasting them in restaurants or stalls. Chole-bhature, kulcha, brownie, dumplings, noodles, hash-brown to name a few. I feel,living in a small town gave me a huge advantage because when you read or watch any tempting recipe and you need to have it right now ,there is no other option than to make it yourself.
Pasta is one of such dishes.Initially when I got introduced to pasta I thought there are only 2 type of pastas-pasta in a red sauce and pasta in a white sauce,and only one shape-macaroni. I had no idea there are large number of pastas- different shapes,different sauces,stuffed. I don’t know them fully yet. I am learning. So I prepared pasta in a red sauce and nobody in my family was ready to eat it. So I turned to my friend whom my dad used to call “white rat of my kitchen lab”😝. He is a really good human being. Not because he was there to help but genuinely. And because he ‘was’ vegetarian(now he has became non-vegetarian😁), I tried to cook vegetarian dishes for him. He liked the pasta I made.Better than the commercialized ‘ready to cook’ one. We prepared it together but couldn’t finish it even together. After listening to his complements my family insisted me to make it for them too. Yay😀!!they liked it.
Today I am not sharing the recipe of pasta in a red sauce as I have learned a lot about pastas after this incident. I am sharing a recipe of ” Soya spaghetti aglio e olio”. Ingredients are few and simple but it get together so well. You can show off your cooking skills at a dinner party with this recipe and steal the show😉🙂.
- Cooked soya chunks – 10 to 12 nos
- Finely chopped garlic cloves – 7 nos
- Olive oil – 6 tbsp
- Spaghetti – 180 grams
- Dried chili flakes – as much as you like
- Salt – to taste
- Chopped coriander leaves – to garnish
- Bring a large pot of water to boil. Season it with salt.Add in spaghetti, stirring occasionally.
- Heat frying pan on high heat. Add olive oil and keep it on medium heat. Add finely chopped garlic, dried chili falkes and salt to taste.Add cooked soya chunks and saute it for 2 minutes on low to medium heat.
- When the pasta is cooked,drain the pasta and add into the frying pan. On high heat toss the pasta until it is well coated.
- Garnish with chopped coriander leaves and serve hot.
- Easy-peasy..right?? Told you😇.