Nothing special.. It’s just that I have bought new sets of measuring spoons (yay!) and had some carrots in fridge. So I decided to make carrot cake..carrot muffins to be precise. Sometimes I become too judgy about the food thinking how will it taste. But it turned out to be a good thing,because that is how it gets to surprise me!! Carrot cake was the victim! I really did underestimate it. But when that first bite melted in my mouth, it just touched a chord!
People who don’t want to eat carrots (it really surprises me!) tell you about the “carrot myth” story, intentionally leaving out the ‘Although…’ part. The British royal air-force created a story about skilled fighter pilot John “cats’s eye” Cunningham, saying that he attributed his excellent night vision to a steady diet of carrots. Soon it was mandated that everyone should eat carrots so they could see better during the mandatory blackouts, but this was utterly a propaganda. The royal air force was actually utilizing radar to locate German bombers before they reached the English Channel.
Irrespective of the story, carrot does offer a lot of health benefits. It has the ability to increase the health of your skin, boost immune system, reduce cholesterol, prevent heart-attack and of course good for your vision. Here is the yummy yummy carrot cupcake recipe for you to try. I bet that second batch of these carrot muffins won’t even take one week to go into your oven.
- 2 cup – all purpose flour
- 1 cup – sugar
- 1½ tspn – cinnamon
- 1 tspn – baking soda
- 1/2 tspn – baking powder
- 1½ cup – grated carrots(heaping)
- 2/3 cup – sunflower oil
- 3 eggs beaten
- 1 cup – milk
- Pinch of salt
- Preheat oven at 350℉. Add all dry ingredients in a one bowl and wet ingredients in other. Then slowly put dry ingredient mixture into other bowl of wet ingredients. Mix well.
- Grease the muffin tin or use cupcake covers. Put the cupcake mixture in the tin with the help of the spoon.
- Put the muffin tin in oven for 14 to 15 minutes. Let them be golden brown.
- Remove it from the oven and let it cool.
- What are you waiting for?? Just dig into that fluffy delights.