This is a frequent visitor at our home,as temperature is generally 34°c to 35°c. Actually it completes a meal. Some FMCG companies also selling these but we are obsessed with home food. Unless and until we eat home food,we don’t feel like we have eaten something. Let it be a simple flavored buttermilk and rice but we need it. Buttermilk is a result of churning yogurt. There is no comparison between homemade buttermilk and store bought one.This process of churning changes it’s properties dramatically.
In Ayurveda,buttermilk has great importance. It is considered as nectar for human life.Those who take buttermilk,slow aging,keep their arteries flexible for a longer time,keep cholesterol related problems away. When added salt and ginger it helps to reduce ‘vata dosh’. Make this spice mix and keep it in fridge. This also can be used as a marination for chicken roast or stir fry.
- 1 cup – yogurt
- 1/2 cup – cold water
- 2 inch – piece of ginger
- 2 nos – small green chillies
- Bunch of – coriander leaves
- 1 tsp – cumin
- 1 tbsp – sugar
- 1 tsp – salt
- Grind green chillies,ginger,corisnder leaves,cumin,salt together to amke masala. You can reduce the amount of chillies and ginger. It depends on how you like.
- Add the masala,cold water,sugar into yogurt and churn it or whisk it.
- Keep it in the refrigerator and serve cold.